Wednesday, May 27, 2009

SHOTS!!!! and not the good kind...

I HATE needles. I had to get 3 shots to go to Mexico, no...not Mexico, but Belize: Hepititus A, Tetnus (including Diptheria and Whooping Couch [there has been an outbreak in Florence]), and Typhoid. I don' t know if the shots or the $251 price tag hurt worse. I also have malaria meds, swine flu anti-viral, and dysentary meds ($50). I also got (because this is really what I believe in) $100 worth of natural remedies for air-sickness, Montezuma's revenge, etc. I don't have any money left to travel... Oh, that doesn't count the DEET bug spray, Pepto-Bismol tablets, and sunscreen...

So, for those of you ignorant like I was, you call the DHEC office in your state and they will give you the name and number a a doctor who is authorized to give you all of your vaccinations depending upon where you are going to travel.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there ViciousHillbilly! Been there done that with the shots, not only us in the military, but the boys when they thought they were going to South America. The wallet definitely hurts worse than the needle - and you know i can pass out at white coat syndrome.
    We have been to Belize about 5 years ago. Then the village doctor made $4,000 a year. VERY poor country. The houses had concertina wire on top of the fences to keep out theives. The country tries to keep you safe.. The police boarded our bus to check for contraband with M-16s in hand. WATCH your Back, and keep your mouth shut, but the country is BEAUTIFUL.
    sp in Gallatin

    ReplyDelete