Thursday, July 1, 2010

in Texas...I don't want to be an archivist...OK, wait

maybe I do. So for the last 4 days I have been going through moldy photos, receipts, and letters of a Tex/Mex tent show called Carpa Cubana, much like the Toby shows that I study. My Spanish is much better and I can almost read some of the letters. The cataloging (entering stuff into a data base) is very tedious, but the digging and thinking about the stuff and the making connections and assumptions is very fun. I'm not sure that this helped me necessarily, maybe it did. However, I think it will really help other scholars that have a better command of Spanish than I do. It's important stuff and now it is easier for them to find and work with, thank me very much.

My couchsurfing experiences have been great so far. I'm currently staying with a family in San Antonio that plays together in a band. They are such nice people. I'm glad to have met them. Tomorrow I'm off to Austin to see my friend, Jennifer, that I met couchsurfing last year. We are going to spend the 4th together. Big fun. Then I'll be heading back to MO. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment