Monday, June 7, 2010

Nosotros estamos aqui!

After a VERY harrowing 4 hour bus ride, we are here. First there are piles of ash and mounds of bags of ash everywhere in Guatemala City. The Mayans say it is not finished. As a matter of fact, we get to go to a Mayan religious ceremony on Sunday. They are attemping to appease the gods of weather and the volcano ...COOL!

Then, on the 4 hour bus trip, we devistation from the tropical storm was incredible. Lanes of the road were completely blocked by dried mud. And the driving was an adventure all in itself. These are curves similar to those in Arkansas. YIKES!

However, the country is BEAUTIFUL! I hope to post pictures sometime. Unbelievable scenery. At one point, Jacob looked at me and said,¨I can´t believe we´re here in this beautiful country.

The Spanish school is very tough. No English speaking here! My teacher sent me alone to get photocopies made. My brain really hurts. The family that we are staying with is a Mother, Grandmother, 5 daughters (Jacob is in heaven) and 2 male boarders. Only the mother speaks very little English. Jacob is antsy to go exploring. More later...

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment