Monday, June 8, 2009

My first aid kit for Central America


This is my first aid kit for Mexico and Belize. After much research (Drs', websites, books, friends), I am including the following (left to right beginning with the first row):
Moleskin for blisters
earplugs
acidophilus pearls - don't need the fridge. take a week before I go to help my stomach get ready for Mexico and it's water.
ibuprophen - I get migraines
Rx malaria meds - I have to take these 1 week before, during and 4 weeks after
Rx dysentary meds
hunters bug stuff with at least 25% deet
first aid kit with: bandaids, pepto-bismol tablets, neosporin, benedryl
Sting-Eze (that stuff really works) for wasp, bee, scorpion stings
peppermint oil (stomach upset)
sunscreen (this is 4, but I also have 15 and 8, 30 for face)
Rx Tamiflu - swine flu anti-viral
Back row - the rest of the Rx malaria stuff
Hand sanitizer
Vitamin C - immune help
ace bandage - last time I hiked I twisted my ankle
toilet paper
Ginger pills for air/sea/bus sickness
Airborne - for immune help
Charcoal - for Montezuma's revenge
Food enzymes - for stomach health
Grapefruitseed Extract pills - for stomach health
Garlic pills - nature's antibiotic
Not shown - multi-vitamens, steri-pen (ultraviolet water purifier)

After all this I may have to go naked since I can't fit anything else in my backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment