Friday, July 24, 2009

So my trip is over...



What a fabulous trip! I'm at a loss for adjectives...So, some random thoughts:

- Everyone should visit a third world country. It makes you either appreciate what you have or get rid of it. We are so decadent. It makes me realize that my trivial sh*t (material and mental) really isn't all that important.

- The people in Mexico and Belize were SO lovely. When I flew into Cancun and was assaulted by noisy, obnoxious, rude Americans, it made me ashamed.

- I'm going back, and to other countries in Central America...maybe Guatemala next summer? Because anyone can travel cheaply. You might have to take a chicken bus or two, but it's more of an adventure.

- Couchsurfing is absolutely the way to connect with other cultures and my own. The couple of unpleasant stays were far exceeded by the wonderful ones.

- People are inherently good. This trip restores my faith in humanity.

- Plastic (and Disney, but I digress) is evil. Because there is no reliable trash pickup in Belize, the trash on the beach is overwhelming. What can they do? No more plastic for me.

- Go to Kiva.org and help a third world entrepeneur. I am.

- EVERYONE should be bilingual. I am trying... Yo pracitco.

Stay tuned for the BURNINGMAN adventure on this blog!!!!

1 comment: