Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 2 of class

Classes are very intense. We work solidly for 2 hours, then a 30 minute break, then another 1.5 hours, one on one. I am EXHAUSTED when class is over. I go back to my family´s house, eat lunch and take a siesta. Too many verbos!! I have trouble when I have to pull the verbs out of my head quickly.

After I rest, we have to go to the bank to change money. We will probably also go to the market.

Today, I bought my mother and me beautiful tapestries from a Mayan woman. The textiles here are beautiful! With everything I want, I don´t know how I´m going to get it home. I will probably give away most of my clothes...really. Then I will have more room for tapestries and rugs, and and and....

This weekend we hope to go to the beach, which supposedly has black sand. The country here is gorgeous! The living conditions are very different. I don´t mind so much, but I think most Americans would not find it to be comfortable, clean, enough.

Off to lunch. The meals have been really interesting. This morning we had fried plantains, with a black bean sauce and sour cream. Jacob is IN LOVE with the coffee here. I am allergic to coffee. I may try some on Saturday (when a bathroom will be close).

Hasta luego para ahora!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment