Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Drugs...

OK, so Jacob got 2 shots yesterday. It is a good thing he remembered that he had had a tetnus in the last 10 years. So his shots, 2 malaria Rx, 2 dysentery Rx later and I'm $270 poorer. I guess that is better than last year. We are going to begin the acidophilus regimen next week. I read in several travel publications that the way to condition your stomach for weird food is to begin taking acidophilus pills 2 weeks before you go and a week into the trip. It worked for me last summer - no problems. Get the acidophilus pearls (they don't have to be refrigerated). Malaria meds (which tend to make me ishy) begin a week before the trip, continue throughout, and 4 weeks after. oh weeee.

I think I have done everything I'm supposed to do except pack and get travel insurance. That's on the list for tomorrow. Oh yeah, and I have to buy a car this summer....but that's a later story.

No comments:

Post a Comment