Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I have been preoccupied with the NEW CAR...

Today, however, Jacob and I read a lot of information about Xela. We looked at available trekking trips. We decided on about 8. I don't know if we'll get that many in, but for all 8 it will cost about $250 for 2 people for all 8 trips. This is one of the reasons that I love central America, because I can afford it.

We hope to: bask in the Fuentes Georginas hot springs for an afternoon, shop at one of two large artisan markets for a day, bask (again) on one of the black sand beaches near Xela for a day (and maybe spend the night), explore Takalik Abaj Mayan ruins for a day, and then do one of 3 volcano hikes. Unfortunately, I am suffering from Plantar Fascitis (where the tendon on my foot is very painful) so I'm a little wary of doing a too difficult hike, so it will be a day trip probably. We will be going with the Monte Verde tour company. Go to xelapages.com and check them out.

I also got Jacob to begin laying out his gear. THAT took an act of the gods...slowly but surely... More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment