Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Errands, errands, errands

Schools out for sum-mer.....(thank you Alice Cooper) and I'm beginning my neverending list of errands. I took a lovely bike ride this morning before it gets so hot. Yes, we're already in upper 80s and 90s. So today: I have to go....ready?...wash the engine of the car (are you kidding me?) so that my mechanic (who was just in Guys and Dolls here in Flo, by the way...I know weird) can find the oil leak before we go away; then to get new glasses for driving and night vision because I lost mine after a particularly fun party (I think there was something not quite right about them anyway); then to the grocery to get food for Jacob (THAT is never ending); I was going to go to Barnes & Noble to get a new Mexico City guidebook, but found the one from last year. I am really glad about that too. It is Eyewitness Travel's Top 10 Mexico City. It is a great book and much used. Good maps of the city and subway. Later, I hope to talk with my friend, Gene, who is hopefully going to Mexico with me later in the summer. We have to firm up some plans so that I know what to tell people.

Summer adventure news: I will be spending the 4th holiday in Austin with my couchsurfing friend, Jennifer! I am so excited. THAT should be another very fun party.

1 comment: